Today begins the September Hopper's Blog Hop and our theme is Halloween. Such a fun time of year...especially if you have children or grandchildren. There are cards and 3D projects to inspire you and get you thinking about the fact that Halloween is just around the corner.
There's also some blog candy for some lucky winner at the end of the month. If you would like to play along, please leave an encouraging comment on each blog. On September 28th a random winner will drawn from all those that have left comments. Be sure to leave your email address so we can contact you. You'll find the links for the rest of the hoppers at the bottom of this post.
The blog candy is 30 - 6" x 6" sheets of retired Halloween Designer Series Paper and a roll of retired 5/8" Black Grosgrain Ribbon!
My Halloween project is a little bit different in that it uses a non traditional orange - Calypso Coral! I think it would be perfect for a girly Halloween...either big girls or little girls. :)
- The card is a square 4" x 4" card.
- The spider web from the stamp set Wicked Cool has been stamped in black and then sponge lightly with Calypso Coral ink.
- The spiders in the web and the cute little spider eyes are actually rhinestones. All you need to do is color them with a black permanent marker.
- The treat box is made with the Fancy Favor Die.
- It's so easy to construct the striped lollie with the Simply Scored Scoring Tool.
- The strip is cut 1-1/8" x 12" and scored the length every 1/4".
- I used a hot glue with the new Silicone Craft Mat to create the lolli. You can use both hands and it's so easy to remove it from the mat.
Ink: Basic Black (126980), Calypso Coral (126983)
Paper: Basic Black (121045), Calypso Coral (122925), Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Paper (126906)
Accessories: Calypso Coral 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon (122976), Rhinestones Basic Jewels (119246)
Cool Tools: 1-3/4" Scallop Punch (119854), 1-3/8" Circle Punch (119860), Fancy Favor Die (115965), Silicone Craft Sheet (127853), Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334), BigShot (113439)