With the introduction of the 2012 - 2013 catalog Stampin' Up! has made a big change in their ink pads. They are introducing firm foam pads that will change your stamping experience for the better! They will be available in all colors, including the In Colors on June 1.
As a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator I have been able to use the new ink pads for several weeks and I really like them. I did have to experiment a little with them because if I inked my stamp the way I did with the old pads by thumping and turning I would end up with way too much ink. What I found is that I needed to lighten up and use more of a gentle tap, tap. The coverage on solid stamps is amazing!
Click on the video below to hear Shannon West explain all the details about the new ink pads.
What I've learned is:
- The pads are much juicier and are designed to stay that way longer.
- You need to remember to lighten up and use a gentle tapping to ink your stamps.
- The pad is nice and flat and will not become wavy or have a dip in the middle.
- There are now labels to place on the edge of the cover. (And a little tip - take one of the labels in another language and insert it inside the ink pad cover so you won't dip your stamp into the wrong color when you have multiple stamp pads open.)
- Five colors have been reformulated and it is important not to use your old re inkers on these five pads. They are Basic Black, Basic Gray, Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, and Tempting Turquoise.
If you have questions or feedback about the new ink pads please leave a comment.
Here's a peek at tomorrow's card - black and white with a splash of red. Please stop by.
Only 3 days left to order from the 2011 - 2012 Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog! On May 31 we will say goodbye to many of the sets in this catalog. Check the retiring lists found on the right sidebar to see if there is any items you would like to order before the deadline.