Last night I worked on a Birthday card for my brother. I need to get it in the mail today and keep my fingers crossed that it arrives on time. I struggled with this card as I wanted it to be masculine, fun, and easy to mail. That meant no ribbon, flowers, rhinestones and everything I love to use on my cards. :(
So I decided to pull out the Create a Cupcake stamp set with the coordinating Cupcake Punch. So what do you think? Cute? I love that little cupcake and I did add a bit of Cherry Cobbler glitter to the cherry!
- The colors are Real Red and Marina Mist on a Chocolate Chip card base. The Designer Series Paper is from Pocketful of Posies.
- The large scallops were created with the 1 inch circle punch.
- Since I didn't want to use brads or ribbon I did a little bit of paper piercing for interest.
I decorated the inside of the card with a matching strip of DSP and Marina Mist scallops . Then I decided on a big happy birthday! Wish I could be there to help him celebrate.
Stamp Sets: Create a Cupcake (C121982) (W121915), Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess set) (C122617) (W122615)
Ink: Real Red (103133), Marina Mist (119668), Chocolate Chip (100908)
Card Stock and DSP: Real Red (102482), Marina Mist (119682), Chocolate Chip (102128), Whisper White (100730), Pocketful of Posies DSP (122354)
Tools/Accessories: Cupcake Builder Punch (121807), 1' Circle Punch (119681), Paper-Piercing Tool (116631), Dimensionals (104430)
The wait is over...the new Simply Scored Diagonal Plate can be purchased today! It is perfect for creating envelopes. boxes, and more. It's the must-have companion to your simply Scored scoring tool. Watch this video to see it in action!
Product Item number - 125586 ( $11.95)
- Sits on top of the Simply Scored base
- Held securely in place by rubber pads on back of the plate
- Has etched grooves every 1/8"
- Can score any size card stock up to 12" by 12"
- Includes instructions for creating common envelope sizes
If you have questions don't hesitate, call or email me.